We’re a small, lean team, building better comparison sites for UK consumers.
Our flagship site is BroadbandDeals.co.uk and our long term focus is on making Deals.co.uk a household name.
We’re a well-funded, profitable, company with no debt, 100% owned by management – which means we can focus on what’s best for the company long-term, rather than keeping investors or banks happy. We know our people are our most valuable assets.
We believe in continuous improvement – small changes can add up to a big difference.
We make decisions and set priorities based on data and evidence.
Every deal we do produces a social or environmental benefit.
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Web Editor/ Copywriter.
- Take ownership of our content plan, working with the team to develop strategy.
- Lead, develop and grow our team of freelance contributors to deliver the content plan.
- Produce a wide range of content including news reports, consumer guides, product/service information, FAQS, reviews and in-depth features.
- Develop the voice of our brands, championing our users’ interests.
- Edit, schedule and publish content across our portfolio of sites.
- Work with SEO/Marketing/Comms to optimise and promote key content to meet commercial objectives.
- Review our ‘evergreen’ content to ensure it remains relevant and accurate.
- Applications are welcome from anyone with the skills and ability to perform in the role. We value diversity.
- You are a skilled copywriter with a strong understanding of how great copy delivers commercial results.
- Consumer journalism experience is preferred – especially within consumer technology.
- WordPress/CMS experience is essential.
- You have an eye for detail and the drive to ensure the quality of our output remains high.
- You have the proven ability to manage your time effectively to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- You’ll have at least 3 years experience creating content for the web.
- Planning and co-ordination experience is essential – management experience would be useful.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually.
- Performance and profit bonuses.
- Pension contribution match up to 7.5%.
- Flexible, agile working – set your own schedule and work in the office or from home.
- Supportive team, committed to everyone succeeding.
- Career development opportunities to director level.
- 35 hr week.
- 22 days annual leave + 8 flexible bank holidays + 1 day per year of service.
- Modern offices in the Media Centre open 24/7.
- Free food and drink from Cafe Ollo onsite.
- 2 minutes from train station, 6 minutes from bus station.
- Bike racks and showers available.
- Cycle to work scheme.